Friday, August 28, 2009

Backyard fun and there's an app for that!

Last Friday night, we got together with all of the 'local' Hemmerts for a party at Grandma/Grandpa Hemmert's house. We had pizza, swam, and then all of the little boys changed into their new PJs (courtesy Grandma Joyce) for Monsters, Inc. on the big screen (i.e. the white, vinyl fence). There are so many little boys close to the same age in the Hemmert clan that it can be chaotic at times, but they always have a blast. P.S. I shamelessly stole these picture from Matt/Julie's blog--I hope they don't care :)

TONS of cute boys!
They even sat still for most of the movie, if you can imagine that!

About halfway into the movie, I started having contractions. Not wanting to waste brain cells calculating how far apart they were, I decided to check and see if there was an iPhone application that does that for you. Surprise, surprise...there is! I found an app that kept track of the duration and time between contractions. It even gives you an alert when you should go to the hospital. (of course, there's the obligatory, "this application is no substitute for medical care, blah blah blah"). It really did make it easier to keep track of that, so I'm glad I had it. I'll do another post with the whole labor/delivery story later. It's a good one. I'm still trying to get my act together, so try to be patient with me. I also need to calculate the winner of our baby stats game, so stay tuned...

4 comments:

Julie Hemmert said...

And the winner is. . .ME! Ha ha!

LaurieJ said...

I can totally see you using your phone to keep track of that :-)

So glad all went well. I can't wait to see the baby! can I bring you dinner Monday?

PS- Your word ver. says rednec. I thought that was funny :-)

Julie Hemmert said...

PS I stole them from Heidi's blog so I guess we are even! Glad to see you are back on radar!

Anna said...

What a great idea to watch that movie on the fence, I love it.

I can't wait to hear the delivery story and see some pictures of this new little Hemmert!