Wednesday, April 21, 2010

St. Patrick's Day 2010

March 17, 2010

I am way behind and someday will be caught up, but I'm trying to make amends to posterity in advance so excuse the outdated posts!

Our boys are getting to an age when the holidays are so fun. Chandler and Preston were so into "catching" leprechauns this year. Chandler made some fake gold out of paper and built a trap out of an old shoe box in order to catch one. Unfortunately, the leprechaun stole all of the gold and left a note that said, "I got your gold, but you'll never catch me. Have a happy St. Patrick's day! Love, the Leprechaun." We decided the joke was really on the Leprechaun because the gold wasn't even real! ha ha. Take that, Leprechaun!

We decided last minute to have a green dinner as well. The kids really liked it. We had green soup in green breadbowls, green jello, celery sticks in green dip, green Sprite and green donuts for dessert. I did learn that next year I need to order my green breadbowls in advance. I got the last two so Mom and Dad had to eat in regular bowls. No fun!

1 comments:

Julie Hemmert said...

NICE! I made that soup that night too with the intention of it being green. Someone forgot to add the food coloring until laying in bed that night.