Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ashton's stitches

I have always been proud of the fact that in spite of having three active boys, we have never had ANY stitches in our family.  It's one of those weird things that just didn't happen to us--despite close calls that occur almost daily.  Then May 18, 2012 came along.


Ashton loves to ride his zebra around our cul-de-sac.  He was riding on the sidewalk and crashed.  He landed chin first on the sidewalk and split it open.  This was about 20 minutes before I was supposed to take the older boys to a friend's piano recital.  Jared offered to take Ashton to the pediatrician's office for the stitches.


After the recital, I went to see how it was going. I walked into the room and immediately thought that Ashton was sedated.  They assured me that he was not; he was just lying perfectly still and quiet.  It was so unlike him, but he must have realized that this was serious business.


Our sweet boy after he was done.  He was given a couple of stickers afterward and he couldn't have been happier about that.  I went back to pick up the older boys and Ashton joined them immediately on the trampoline.  He was right back in the action.

I think 9 1/2 years with 3 boys and no stitches is still a pretty good streak.  I've also learned not to say things out loud or I'll jinx myself!

0 comments: