Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Why didn't I think of that?

Both of my boys have been learning about Abraham Lincoln and George Washington in school lately since President's Day was just here. We were driving home from preschool and they were spouting off facts like the cherry tree story, "I can not tell a lie!", etc. etc. I asked them if they knew who our current President was. They both correctly identified President Obama (They've been coached on this for months now, of course). Preston asked, "What coin is he going to be on?" I said I didn't know, but maybe someday he would be on one. (For or Against, he's still historically significant, people). Chandler suggested that maybe he could be on the ones at Chuck E. Cheese. "The Tokens!" yelled Preston. Apparently, taking the place of an overgrown mouse on an arcade token is a MUCH bigger honor than being on a piece of currency!

5 comments:

Anna Marks said...

Around this house I can get more chores out of a chuck-e-cheese token than 5 bucks!

Heidi said...

Ingenius! You should ask Devin to tell his Washington/cherry tree joke... CHinese acent and all...

Julie Hemmert said...

I think it is a good idea. Children all over the USA would know who he is before they know anyone else!

Julie Hemmert said...

I have been laughing about this all day long. Your kids are too smart for their own good! They always say the funniest stuff!

"M" Clan said...

Hilarious! Love what boys come up with! :)