Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Ode to Snow



This is actually Jaime, I was signed in as Jared when I originally posted this. Sorry about the confusion.
We woke up to more snow this morning, so allow me to express my angst in the following poetic (I use that term very loosely) expression.

My Valentine's Day Ode to Snow

Six more inches, another backache
How much more do I have to take?

Shovel, shovel, shovel is all I can do,
I think I'm going to need some more IBU.

Valentine's day is supposed to be warm!
Since when did this become the norm?

I need some sun, green grass, blue skies,
That poor old groundhog didn't hear my cries!

I guess I just have to 'endure to the end'
An early spring would be my best friend!

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! We love you all! (except the random stalkers who may stumble across this post) :)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so cute! Add another talent to your already long list :-)

Erin said...

I am totally a random blog stalker and Jaime, can I say what a babe you still are. I love the Poem!!!

Amy, Spencer and Kids said...

I know how you feel chica!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love ya
Amy

Jaime said...

Very funny, Erin! Friends can't be random blog stalkers! Glad you found me!

Wynn & Joyce said...

You're a poet,
you just don't know it,
but your feet sure show it....
They're LONGFELLOWS!!!
Mom H.