Saturday, February 2, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm....

So I was at the pharmacy this morning picking up Jared's medicine. I happened to be thinking about all of the pharmacy robberies that have been going on lately (the past couple of years). I was looking around at all of the meds and the cameras and monitors (I didn't look that great on camera, either by the way--those cameras must add ten pounds too). I know some pharmacies are raised up (Jerry Seinfeld has a great bit about pharmacists needing to feel superior), but this one wasn't. It wouldn't have been too hard to hop over the counter or anything like that. And then it hit me! When I buy tickets at a movie theater the cashiers are shrouded in bullet-proof (maybe) glass and I have to talk to them through a special microphone thing. I guess the real crime happens at movies theaters and we have just been mislead by the media that pharmacies are where theft is common! So, now the question is, why can't pharmacies set themselves up like movie theaters and just talk to us like Darth Vader through the glass and put our medicine in the little metal dish thing that we normally get our tickets from? It seems to me, an excellent solution to their dilemma! Just a random thought...

2 comments:

Julie Hemmert said...

That is the way they are in Noreg and Canadia.

From Matt, using Julie's name

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Ellen's dvd called 'Here and Now'? She does a funny bit that reminds me of your post but she is comparing the packaging of CD's and lightbulbs. It is pretty funny. Hope Hawaii is great!