Sunday, November 23, 2008

The problem with learning to read...

Today was our Primary program in sacrament meeting. Chandler was unexpectedly nervous when he got up to do his part in the program. Instead of reciting the part we had gone over dozens of times at home, he looked down and read what was written on the script word for word. "I can help strengthen my family by share one way you can help strengthen your family." He then sat down and the primary choir sang a song. The primary president, probably feeling my pain, then let Chandler get back up and say his real part. "I can help strengthen my family by being nice to my brother." We got a good chuckle out of it, as did most of the congregation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! My friends 5 yr. old little girl said she was thankful she could get herself a bowl of cereal. I think she felt like mom of the year ;0)

Shea said...

that is so cute!

Julie Hemmert said...

That is so cute! Chandler is getting so old!