Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A child's perception of MJ

Preston has been getting a lot of press on the blog lately, so I guess it's Chandler's turn. Thanks to Comcast-on-demand and YouTube, Chandler is now a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. He loves Thriller, Bad, Beat it and Black and White. Out of this and the on-going TV coverage, he has come up with some pretty humorous questions.

  1. "Is Michael Jackson a girl?" I'm sure it's no surprise where this question comes from. Make up, long hair, etc, but it's still caused a giggle or two from me.
  2. "Did both Michael Jacksons die?" he asked. "What do you mean?" I asked him to clarify. "The one with the brown skin and the one with the white skin."
  3. "It's a good thing, he named his song 'Black and White' since he used to be Black and now he's White.
  4. After hearing his talking voice, he said, "Is Michael Jackson a grown up?"
There's probably a couple of more, but those are the ones I could think of immediately. Kids are too honest for their own good sometimes.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Melanie said...

Niiice! Those are the best comments about MJ I think I've ever heard!

Jennifer said...

That is so funny. A couple of my kids like Michael too. Mara does anyway. Emily is a bit curious about him. Hayley thinks he is a total weirdo. The boys like the music too. It is hard to explain someone like MJ.

"M" Clan said...

Holy crap, that is so funny!

Kristen said...

Jaime, just found your blog! Started at Seth's big sister Valorie's (she actually lives in my stake), then went to Anna's blog and found yours! Now I can follow you on Facebook and here! Does that sound like I'm stocking you?