Monday, June 22, 2009

I might as well laugh...

I just have to document Preston's latest insult so that someday I can blackmail him into something good. As we were driving to Jared's parents' house for Father's day, he asked, "Have you ever seen a really strong mother?" Giving myself a mental pat on the back for all those 6 a.m. sessions with the personal trainer when I really just wanted to sleep, I said, "I'm a really strong mother." He came back with, "No, you're fat!" There was a moment of silence in the car and then Jared and I both busted up laughing. What else do you do? Jared tried to defend my honor with the obligatory, "It's a baby in her stomach, Preston! She's not fat." But can you really convince a 3 year old? NO! Oh well, I'll go in search of my self-esteem in a couple of months...

2 comments:

LaurieJ said...

Oh man! That is ruthless...
I would have laughed in front of him and then probably hid in my closet and cried :-)
I am loving how my daughters already look me up and down and critique my clothes.
Good times.

Julie Hemmert said...

He is such a character! Always keps me laughing.