Monday, December 10, 2007

New things I've found that are cool...

Here are just a few great things that I have recently discovered that maybe not everyone has heard of.
Let me introduce you to the Flip Video camera. These come in several cool colors (I'm getting pink for Christmas) and come in a 60 or 30 minute version. You record your movies (very simple to use) and then you simply pull out the attached USB 'arm' on the side of it and plug it into your computer. You can then edit and upload movies. You should plan on seeing some serious video action on this blog after Christmas (I'm being good and not opening it early). They are very reasonably priced (around $120 for the 30 minute version and $175 for the 60 minute), small, and easy take wherever you go.

The next thing is not really a product, but a service. It is called read the scriptures.com. You can sign up for free and they will email your scripture reading assignment each day. You can choose any of the standard works and pick your schedule (chapter-a-day, finish by a certain date, etc.) For someone like me, who is on the computer a lot, it is ideal.



The last thing I want to mention is a yummy treat that my boys and I have fallen in love with, and I'm afraid it is only going to be available for a limited time. It is the new Candy Cane flavored Hershey's Kisses. They are made of white chocolate that is red/white striped and has bits of candy cane in it. They are truly heavenly. Preston, especially, is smitten with them. Pick some up the next time you are at the store!


If you know of some new, cool things, post them in comments!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those candy cane chocolates!! On your book ?, I just finished a book that i really liked called The Faraday Girls. I THINK the authors last name was McInerey. I really liked it

Julie Hemmert said...

Mmmmm. Candy Cane Kisses!!! I need to get me some of those!

Linemoren said...

Well it's not so new anymore... but Ikea has some very cool Scandinavian Christmas Foods.... Pepperkaker og Gløgg anyone???

Heather Anna said...

I haven't tried those kisses yet, but yummy!I love the newish dark chocolate m&m's. And I would love that little camera. Matt and I still haven't figured out how to download any of the things we filmed over the past several years onto our computer. It's probably going to be necessary to figure that out before justifying getting a new video camera, right? Right . . .

Jaime said...

Laurie, I've reserved that book you suggested at the library. I'm like 3rd in line. I'm itching to start something new.