Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dinosaurs, Sharks and Robots...Oh my!

Chandler has been really into dinosaurs lately (and as a result, so has Preston). The other day Chandler told me he wants to be a paleontologist. When he first said it, I thought he had said Perinatologist and I couldn't for the life of me, figure out how he knew what that was (and obviously, why he wanted to be one!). We eventually sorted that all out. The kids even chose to forgo our annual trip to the model Train show at Thanksgiving Point in favor of another trip to the Dinosaur museum.
Preston, of course, made a weapon out of the brush he was supposed to be using for excavation.
Preston and Jared in from of a Dinosaur foot. What a good sport Jared is!
All three Hemmert boys in front of a replica of a shark. We had an impossible time trying to get a picture of Preston. He was so fascinated with everything there is to see that he couldn't be bothered to look at the camera. Bottom line, if you have never been to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point and you have kids, you MUST check it out soon. It's great. We also saw an IMAX movie about dinosaurs there. The kids were a little scared at some parts, but it was great overall. I will never get over watching my boys with their 3D glasses on reaching out to touch what is on the screen. They're so young, they haven't figured out that it only looks like you can touch it.
On a totally unrelated note, you know we're in the dead of winter when Chandler resorts to making himself into a robot just to entertain himself. Yes, that's a strainer on his head and yes, it was his idea. Snow, snow go away; Chandler wants to ride his bike! (I know rhyming's not my strong suit).

3 comments:

Julie Hemmert said...

Your boys crack me up! That is the funniest picture of Robot Chandler! I laughed out loud. I would love to go to the dinosaur museum when Mason gets a little older and can enjoy it!

Mike Bohn said...

Chandler is ingenious. I'd of never though to consider a strainer. Well done! Great picture.

Tyler Tucker said...

You are so lucky to have 24/7 entertainment with those two. So Chandler's idol right now is Ross Gellher then Huh?