Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial day weekend '08

We spent Memorial Day weekend up in Midway this year.  All of the Hemmert clan that currently lived in the area were up there too.  Some at the cabin and some at the Zermatt resort.  We also had our annual ride on Thomas the train.  My boys aren't really as "into" Thomas as the have been in years past, but they still wanted to go, so we went.

Preston and Chandler in front of Thomas, himself.
Chandler getting a temporary (sigh of relief uttered here) Thomas tattoo.  Jared and I both got tattoos as well.  Preston was scared for some unknown reason.

Preston and I on the train.  (notice the lovely 'Rosie' tattoo on my hand).
Jared and Chandler on the train.
Another 'Midway tradition' for us is feeding the ducks at Wasatch state park.  A word of caution: the ducks do have some aggressive tendencies!  You will never see my mom there, in other words.

Another feature of Wasatch State Park is the large pond.  Chandler got to fish in it with Jared and Wynn.  Jared caught a trout and we enjoyed it for dinner.
Chandler riding the carosel at Zermatt with his cousin, Mason, and Mason's mom, Julie.  Everyone is all smiles because we had just finished a wonderful prime rib buffet dinner.  Yummy!

3 comments:

Julie Hemmert said...

That was such a great weekend. I am still feeling the pounds I put on from all the great food! I have to get pictures from you and Heidi since I didn't have my camera. Mason will love Thomas next year!!

Cassie said...

Gotta love Thomas right? You guys were smart to ride inside the train... we froze!

Heidi said...

wE SURELY HAD FUN WITH EVERYONE. TOO BAD WE KEPT RUNNING DOWN TO OREM FOR STUFF BUT IT STILL WORKED OUT! WE ALSO HAD A GREAT PRIME RIB BUFFET FOR JULIE'S B-DAY.
JOYCE