Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to school-part 2

Well life as I know it is over!  Chandler started Kindergarten today!  He was so excited and not nervous at all.  I thought this would make it easier for me.

All ready to go!

He has been dragging his new backpack all over the place (filled with toys) for the past couple of weeks, but last night it was empty and waiting.

Waiting for the bus.

Posing for the requisite pictures.

He was the last one to get on the bus.

I managed to hold it together until I got back to the house.  I didn't expect to be so emotional.  I was really excited for this day.  While waiting at the bus stop, it hit me that my baby was really growing up and going off to school.  I guess I'll get used to it....sigh.  He is home now and had a great day at school.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't believe he's that old either!! I'm sure I'll be a mess when I get to that point.

Anonymous said...

He looks so grown up! I love the backpack :-) Find a good book, get a Coke, put Preston down for a nap (yeah right) and enjoy your couple of hours..you've earned it!

Anonymous said...

what a cutie! TIme really flies doesn't it. Dallin is starting grade four, can't believe he isn't that little baby from our Toronto days!

Nielsen clique said...

Jamie, it's Maria Nielsen i came across your blog through someone elses. Chandler is so cute, I totally know how you feel Ian started also, but hates it. He doesn't want to go back. Your welcome to take a peek at my blog nielsendaily.blogspot.com you have to notice Ian's shoes, he was persistent that he had to have futsol shoes like his big brothers.

Maggie, Drue, Salem, Sutton, & Xander said...

Congratulations Chandler! And congrats to Preston too! But most of all congrats to Jaime and Jared!!! Hopefully they'll school times overlap at some point so that you can get a free moment to yourself! We miss you guys. Lets get together soon.