Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy 3rd birthday, Preston!

I can hardly believe my little Preston is 3 years old!
He has gone from being a sweet, easy-going baby to a very fun, high energy little boy. I guess that has to do with following his big brother around. He adores Chandler and really enjoys playing with him. I don't know what they would do without each other for entertainment. He has toughened up to the point where he can definitely hold his own with bigger boys.

Preston is always busy with something. I have learned the hard way, never to leave him unattended for more than a moment (see above). He is very creative and adventurous. The most innocent looking of household items quickly becomes a sword or gun in his hands. He is definitely "all boy!"

There certainly is a downside of being fearless. Almost a year ago, Preston broke both bones in his lower leg. You would think this cast would have slowed him down some. You would be wrong! It was only 2 days before he was climbing out of his crib with the cast on. He quickly found himself in a 'big boy bed.' They even had to recast the bottom of his foot because he wore through the cast. Fun times!

Preston is such a joy to our family and things wouldn't be half as fun without him! We love you, Preston, and can't wait to see what your third year holds for us all. 911 is on stand-by. :)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that in his new born picture he already looks like he is up to something! What a cutie! I'm so glad you are in our family, Preston!!

Jenny said...

How cute! I can't believe he's three! If only I could harness some of that energy!

Macy said...

What a cutie!!! What a mess!!!! We've got one of those. Her name is Kate and she's a terror. If left alone for two minutes she'll do something like...take the scissors and cut the plugs off all your phone/camera chargers. Or, get out a yogurt and have fun splattering it all over the kitchen! Three year-old's- Good Times!!!!! Remember when they couldn't even roll over? Ahhhh :)

"M" Clan said...

So sweet! I love seeing you and your family! Your blog is adorable! Kaleb loves the batman backpack! xo

Shana said...

How cute Jaime!! I liked this post!! That is so funny about his cast! I keep telling Natalie she needs to start a blog!! but of course she doesn't! ;) This is fun to read!! My blog is set to private so if you want to read it, just email me on facebook and give me your email address.