Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cat attack!

A very interesting thing happened to poor Preston today. My brother, Tyler, and I took my boys to the pet store today. We do this pretty often because, unlike me, the boys like animals. I would not be exaggerating to say that we have been to this pet store at least twenty times without incident. We always start out looking at the cats that are in cages awaiting adoption. Today we went in there and Preston went up to one of the cages and said, "Hi, Kitty, hi, kitty, hi, kitty..." in a very sweet 2-year baby voice. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the cat reached out from inside the cage and scratched his eye! I would feel completely different if he had provoked the attack or was bothering the cat, but he was at least 8 inches from the cage and being very sweet. He cried for a second, and then swiftly moved on to the other cats and greeted them just as sweetly as he had the 'mean cat.' He has a couple of scratch marks on his face, but is otherwise fine. And unfortunately for me, he still likes cats. :(

4 comments:

Megan said...

Poor Preston! I don't like cats at all either... We will NEVER have one, much to Jon's disappointment. He doesn't believe me when I say that if he ever brings home a cat, I will return it.

Mike Bohn said...

I'm with you there ... go dogs!

Maggie, Drue, Salem, Sutton, & Xander said...

Bummer. That's why we will never have a cat either. I feel like you can never quite trust how they will react. We're looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend.

Tyler Tucker said...

It was a very scary moment,that cat was pure evil. Preston did get over very quickly. He is a STUD.