Thursday, March 20, 2008

My gorgeous Mia Maids at D.I.

Last night for our Mia Maid class activity, we took the girls to Deseret Industries for a fashion show. We, of course, had to give them the talk about being respectful towards the store and not offend anyone who is there shopping because they can't afford to shop anywhere else. We learned some awesome facts about D.I. and the service they provide to the public. Then, the girls were set loose to find an outfit to model. The funniest part was that some of the things they were picking out because they were so hideous could have been found in my closet at earlier times in my life. Don't worry, that didn't apply to all of the outfits! My Advisor brought along her video camera and filmed them the whole time. It should make for some fine viewing at a later date. Aren't they adorable! And shy too! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to try and find some ugly outfits and I thought it wasn't so bad..because it all looked like stuff from my closet too :-) Cute girls

Linemoren said...

AWWWW you are in YW??? I am sooo jealous!!! I loved it when I was in YW (as a councilor back in Stavanger....), they always have such fun activities!!!!

Seriously though, that sounded like a great activity, and let's all be honest here.... we did after all grow up in the 70-80's THE WORST decades as far as fashion's EVER gone... so don't feel bad! Go watch 13 going on 30 and have a good laugh! :D

Amy, Spencer, and Kids said...

Jaime,
I swear you had a blue dress like that in Jr. high, didn't you? LOL. We are getting old, aren't we?
Love ya,
Amy