Saturday, March 8, 2008

Easter Bunny

Yesterday, we went to the Provo Town Center Mall to eat dinner at Red Robbin. As we walked in we noticed they had the Easter Bunny there to see kids. Preston has been fascinated with an old picture of a very scared Chandler with an Easter Bunny when he was about 1. I had told him several times that the Easter Bunny was very nice. When he saw the Easter Bunny he bolted right through the line and up to the Bunny (who was trying to take a picture with some other kids) and gave him a big hug and "5" and tried to sit down by him. I took longer than it should to pull him away and wait his turn. Finally, he able to have the Bunny's full attention. The interesting thing about seeing the Easter Bunny as opposed to Santa is that the Easter Bunny doesn't talk. He just waves and gestures. I don't know why kids like him. He's kind of creepy if you ask me. Anyway, this might have to be a tradition like seeing Santa is for us. The kids thought it was great! Grandparents, we have a copy for you!

4 comments:

Tyler Tucker said...

Preston is sucha little stud. I can not wait to baby sitt them tonight, it sure wil be fun. Chandler is a blast today, you have such great kids.

Heidi said...

Jared I don't think any kid makes me laugh more than Preston right now. He's awesome. Chandler is such an amazing kid too! We had so much fun building that pirate ship together. I think I built it more for myself than for him though :) I love little crafty things. We should all take our kids to an easter egg hunt together. There is one in AF on the 22nd. You guys probably know of a better one in Orem...

Anonymous said...

He is a bit creepy :-) Your boys are very brave!

Julie Hemmert said...

I think if I tried the Easter bunny thing with Mason he would just cry. I didn't do Santa but maybe I should have? Bunnies are creepy but talking bunnies would scare me more.