Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I did it, but it wasn't pretty!

Remember how I was going to run the 5K? Well, it's over! Due to an ill-timed vacation and then Jared being out of town the following week, my training suffered a lot at the end. Notice the old guy in front of me in the picture (sorry if it's anyone's Grandpa or anything)? I did manage to shave off 10 minutes from my Oregon 5K time and beat my goal for this race by about 4 minutes, so that was good, but I may be retiring from running. I still don't like it. I'll probably still run occasionally because it's good exercise for the amount of time spent, but that's probably it.

I know this is not a flattering picture, but I just wanted to prove to y'all that I really was there! Sweat and all! The iPod made it a much more pleasant experience. Making my special 5K playlist was fun. I put some songs at the end of the playlist that I hoped I wouldn't get to; luckily I didn't get to those ones.
My sister, Natalie and her husband, Matt ran as well. Natalie ended up getting 5th in her age division and Matt did well in his too. They were long recovered and rested by the time I crossed the finish line. :) That's why they are runners and I am not. The race atmosphere and running down the parade route with all of the spectators was pretty fun, though, I must say. Who knows, I may do it again someday. Never say never!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Good job Jaime..and the unflattering pictures are the best kind because they show you worked your butt off! Congrats!!

Shea said...

Wow--good job! I'm very impressed.